To plan and implement programs for Club youth in accordance with BGCD’s mission, with emphasis on Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Good Character and Citizenship. Programs are facilitated through the Youth Program Quality Intervention (YPQI) tool, developed by the Weikert Center for Youth Program Quality.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor to Club youth.
- Provide individual guidance and establish relationships with youth that are conducive to their growth and development.
- Create fun and engaging programs that reflect BGCA programs and youth interests.
- Create weekly program schedule that reflects the program model and continuous quality improvement.
- Stimulate interest in the program through personal engagement, skilled instruction, special events, tournaments, contests and member recognition.
- Develop thorough knowledge of BGCA Programs with effective implementation.
- Provide supervision and direction to volunteers that help enhance youth experiences.
- Ensure relative program areas are clean, orderly and safe each day.
- Keep ongoing inventory of supplies and materials needed to conduct effective programming.
- Participate in professional development trainings as required BGCD and YPQI.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Club Director or other supervisor.
- Track teen attendance daily.
- Maintains close contact with Club Director and other Club staff, volunteers and caregivers.
- Work collaboratively with other community partners, schools and Leadership Staff to enhance program development.
- Actively participate in professional development training.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
We maintain a 15:1 member to staff ratio. Activities are varied and require active engagement during educational and recreational programming, which may include extended periods of walking and standing. Maximum unassisted lift = 50 lbs. Average lift less than 25 lbs. Requires ability to use computer, various standard and specialized software and database systems, keyboard, calculator and typical office machines.
High School diploma or GED required. College degree preferred. A minimum of 1 year experience in youth development required.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards.
- Ability to work with a team.
- An understanding of the needs and interests of young people.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with young people in a positive way, particularly as it relates to behavior issues.
- Maintain a positive, friendly and cooperative attitude at the worksite.
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred.